Picture

Picture

Friday, May 02, 2008

Mural at Beechwood

Me standing in front of the finished mural
I just completed my first solo mural project at Beechwood Rehab & Nursing Center in New London, CT. The Therapeutic Recreation Director there, Michelle Behr saw the mural Allison Valentine and I did last year and decided to offer a project to us. I ended up taking up the project solo, and after about a month of emails and sketches, I came to Beechwood and started the installation.
A close-up shot
It took about a month of painting, but the final product is pretty nice. The room is small, and the mural spans the length of it. It makes you feel surrounded. The residents at Beechwood were very pleased (they would often visit me while I was working and root me on).
Michelle decorated the room to match the mural, and created a little sanctuary for the residents at Beechwood. She really did a great job bringing the whole project together, and I'm so glad that she decided to have me work on it.

No comments: