Picture

Picture

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Rats!!!

I have been painting on canvas for a change. And I've really been enjoying the texture of the canvas, which seems to usurp the texture of the many layers of gesso I've been putting on it before I start painting.

I've also become infatuated with painting and drawing my rat, Chunky. He's quite the ham and seems to enjoy me putting a camera in his face daily. I wish I could draw him directly from life, but he won't sit still for a second. If I try to catch him while he's sleeping, he senses my presence and proceeds to sniff at me and get excited. He's very cute, though.


This is my rat.

This is a painting I did of my rat.

His face.

His foot.




1 comment:

Mel C said...

Hi Nancy,
I love your rats! I purchased "Rat Buddha" from the NBMAA MAD Party! Wooohoooooooooooo! Thanks! Melanie