Picture

Picture

Sunday, May 06, 2007

New artwork...YAY!!!!

Below are two paintings on oak of some sumac bushes on a grey spring day in a park near my home. I've been working on about seven pieces, these two so far have come out to my satisfaction. Hopefully, there will be more soon (among other things).







These started with some black and white photos I took that day. This was a one-of-a-kind day. That day, the veins of the forest opened up and the melting snow flowed through. The river was full of whirlpools and chunks of ice. It was a beautiful day - the first warm day of spring.


Some of the pictures I took...


Now, the grass is all green again, I've planted my garden. All that is left of that day are some photos, these two paintings, and five others in progress. The dust has collected on that day, I won't see another like that until next year.


Well, enjoy! It's some artwork on my blog, at last!


More pictures...yippee!

No comments: