Picture

Picture

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A "Peach" of a Beach



I am a lucky girl. While I don't yet make enough money making art, I do LOVE my day job! I am a "Recreation Aide" at Harrington Court, a health care facility in Colchester, CT.


It was this job that provided me with the opportunity to donate a mural, something I've been wanting to do for a while (you'd be surprised how many people will turn down a free mural).

Allison Valentine, a fellow graduate of UCONN and artist, was also looking to donate a mural. She recently started her own mural business, Artistic Visions, and wanted to gain experience and references. Ahh the stuff young artists will do to gain recognition!

Long story short, she and I painted the mural last week. I think it came out quite nice. Below are some pictures of the different stages of execution. Enjoy!

Blank wall, all taped up and ready to go.


Allison and I painting...


Further along...


A big mess...


Almost finished.


Some final touches...


The completed mural.



I want to thank Allison Valentine for her expertise in mural painting, her hard work, and for her long drives across the state to make this mural happen.
If you are interested in Allison's work, her email address is Allison.L.Valentine@gmail.com










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's beautiful